This product is specially designed for law enforcement agencies of cities, towns, townships, counties, Native American tribes, school districts, and other non-profit public entities. We have a wide array of limit options to help meet help meet your customers’ needs through our carrier partner.
- Occurrence or claims made form
- Pay on behalf
- Duty to defend
- Defense costs in addition to the limits of liability
- Authorized “moonlighting” coverage
- Broad definition of insured to include the entity, officials, and all law enforcement personnel represented on the app
- Punitive and exemplary damages – where insurable by law
- $5 million limits available
- SIR or deductible option for retentions equal to or greater than $100k
- Coverage available in all 50 states
- Admitted paper available in NY and NJ
Professional liability claims are a concern to public entities both in terms of frequency and severity. The best way to control such costs is to avoid claims and be in a defensible position when allegations of wrongdoing arise.
We work with knowledgeable, independent loss control consultants to conduct on-site loss assessments to better serve our customers’ needs and concerns for loss prevention. These consultants are available to work with you to better help serve loss control and loss containment tactics to mitigate the costs to you and your carrier.
Typical Law Enforcement claims include:
- False arrest
- Excessive force
- Detention facility claims
- Malicious prosecution
- Wrongful search and seizure
- Assault and battery
Law Enforcement Legal Liability ApplicationDOWNLOAD PDF
Note: Forms and endorsement are available upon request.