Professional liability claims for public entities have consistently increased both in terms of frequency and severity over the last several years. The best way to control such costs is to avoid claims and be in a defensible position when allegations of wrongdoing arise.
We work with knowledgeable, independent loss control consultants to conduct on-site loss assessments to help serve our customers’ needs and concerns for loss prevention. These consultants are available to work with you to develop loss control and loss containment tactics to mitigate the costs of defending and settling claims.
Employment Practices Helpline
As part of our mission to provide industry-best service to our eligible public entity and educational institution clients, we have partnered with Zywave, a human resource risk management firm, to deliver strategic, client-centric engagement solutions designed to assist with HR, employment law, and ongoing employee issues. The PRU-TX Self Service Portal serves as a warehouse of a vast array of employment related tools and resources.
- Unlimited access to speak directly with human resource experts (phone or email) who are experienced in helping to address the issues that public employers face. They will answer specific questions with documented advice no later than the end of the next business day.
- Online training courses, including sexual harassment prevention for supervisors and employees.
- Live and recorded webinars focusing on topics relevant to today’s employers.
- Monthly updates that keep you informed of continuously changing workplace regulations.
- A customizable online web destination that includes practical best practices guides, federal and state news/regulation updates, posters, forms, customizable model job descriptions, and more.
Top Issues Addressed
- Sexual harassment